Wednesday, April 16, 2008

dilemma

today was interesting. I have no classes on Wednesday so normally I don't try to waste outfits, because what is the point if no one sees you? However, later on today I am going out to a restaurant to eat Indian food for the first time. So I thought it would be fun to dress up. I decided to be "daring" and where something I feel might be too much for class. I felt really proud of myself and I liked the outfit I chose a lot. However I faced two issues.

1. Heels are hard to walk in - Yeah even my beloved oxfords, the most comfortable heels I own gave me a lot of trouble. I was convinced I would fall and walked incredibly slow everywhere all day.
2. I am really self-conscious - I realized today that when it comes to the way I dress I am torn because I love dressing up yet at the same time I hate standing out. Today I was convinced that people were staring at me because of my outfit and NOT in a good way. I even heard a whistle and I convinced myself that the guy was certainly making fun of me. It's weird because I have definitely seen girls on campus "dress up", as in wear heels almost everyday. And I don't give those girls a second glance, so why am I paranoid that everyone is paying that much attention to me? I really should listen to my mother (she is right once in awhile, haha) because she tells me that no one cares enough to judge me as much as I think they do. I guess what I'm trying to say is I need to get over myself!

In other news, (the good kind this time) I received two magazines in the mail today. Elle and Marie Clare. I'll tell you what I think, maybe, when I'm finished. Although I have so much work to do...perhaps I'll do some of it?


*~*deEtz*~*
boys blazer: ebay
raspberry dress: urban outfitters (someone was insulting jersey dresses the other day which offended me. I love that they can be dressed up or down and pack well!)
knee high socks: target
oxford heels: ebay
moon face: mother

peace out.

1 comment:

Afia Mirza said...

i think the outfit is adorable. and yes you are paranoid