Monday, April 14, 2008

inspirations...

Just felt like posting some things that I have been obsessing over despite the fact that I should be concentrating on all this end of the semester chaos. I haven't been feeling well lately, hopefully that won't affect my dress sense (or "dress sense", rather).

For one, I absolutely adore the label Heimstone. The brand was founded by two French stylists Delphine Delafon and Alix Petit, who met at Michel Klein. It revolves around beautiful, easy dresses. Each season the brand puts out a short video with a model wearing the clothes. This is their Spring 2008 one and I've been watching it over and over. The model's hair is lovely and she looks fantastic in all those dresses.



I've been wanting really thick heavy looking silver bangles lately. I am at a loss for where I'd find them though. I imagine they are quite expensive. This image isn't the best but you can see them in the left photo.

Next I am super excited to say that Alexander Wang is doing a collection for Uniqlo that is meant to launch in May. Those of you who have read this blog know I am a big fan of his stuff. Here is a dress from the collection that I adore (pic from Susie Bubble)

Again I am still obsessing over Scandinavian style. I even attempted a high ballet bun today, but I can't exactly say I pulled it of. No picture, sorry! I love this easy look from Stockholm Street Style. It gives me an idea for styling my own leather jacket.

Another Scandinavian girl I've been obsessing over is Lykke Li. Not only are are songs infectious (I recommend "little bit" and "i'm good, i'm gone"), but her style is unique and inspiring as well. Here are two great videos you need to watch!


No comments: