Saturday, December 1, 2007

introduction: maryse

Hello all, this is kind of out of order but I felt like I should introduce myself. My name is Maryse, I am an 18 year old college student. Although at the moment, my money (or lack of) limits the things I can buy and I am not by any means fashion forward, I enjoy clothes very much. I can't accurately describe my style so instead I'm going to tell you about some of my style inspirations.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket 

For one, I love Paul Smith's menswear for women. I like the juxtaposition between something diaphanous like a white eyelet dress and something more structured like a school boy blazer. It's cliche, I'm sure, but I am also inspired by the women of the 60s. Most notably: Joan Baez, Janis Joplin, Joni Mitchell, Anna Karina and Françoise Hardy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I never look to magazines much for ideas, because it's hard finding one I like (although I've heard great things about LULA magazine which I have yet to get my hands on). Instead I love looking at "street style" because I find outfits worn by real women much more accessible than the ones I see in fashion spreads. That's why I regularly visit The Sartorialist, The Moderniteter, and Elle Magazine's Street Chic.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So that's all for now. I hope this gave you a little idea about my personal style. Many more posts to come featuring items I want, trends I like, and even outfits of my own. So stay tuned all you non-existant readers out there! (Oh and excuse me while I figure out formatting for these entries. I haven't used HTML in forever)

1 comment:

sundes said...

I love that skirt! You have good taste in skirts <3