Thursday, December 6, 2007

outfit and ebay


Today was sunny, so I got to actually wear something I liked. Wardrobe Remix wouldn't accept it because it wasn't a complete head to toe photo. I really need to learn how to prop my camera so I can get a full shot. I have just been placing it on top of the microwave and using the self-timer. Maybe I'll get a tripod one day.

top: h&m
cardigan: h&m
jeans: american eagle
hat: ebay
blazer: nordstrom

My hat reminds me of my favorite site, Ebay. Now that I am in college I have bidding on everything! But lately I've been trying to learn some self-restraint. I'm always jealous of the amazing clothes I see on fashion bloggers that are from thrift stores because I don't have any near me. But with Ebay I can find cute vintage clothing. Although I must admit, I am generally reluctant to tell people about items I buy from Ebay. People usually think the idea of wearing pre-loved clothing is gross. Oh well, their loss I suppose. I am very excited about my most recent win. I told myself I wouldn't post this until I received them because if they don't fit I'll be pretty disappointed. But I am too happy to care!
They are a pair of vintage Salvatore Ferragamo oxfords. I won them for $7.50 so it won't be too upsetting if they aren't authentic. I had wanted a pair of oxfords ever since I saw a girl on the Sartorialist wearing a pair of her own Ferragamos. I do already own a pair of oxfords that I also got from Ebay, but they turned out to be very smooth inside and kept slipping off my feet (one of the bad things about ebay...you never really know what you'll get). Hopefully this pair will be better!

2 comments:

sundes said...

OMG girl those are beautiful! Can't wait to see them in person.

Afia Mirza said...

I like your hat! and ebay is kinda kick ass. my dad has a pair of oxfords from way back when but he has monstrously large feet, and i don't think i could pull it off anyway.